Today was the 2010 Tokyo Marathon. Although the weather conditions were far from ideal (7c and rain/snow), this year's running was not all that bad. It was a big year for Japanese runners: 7 of the top ten men and 5 of the top women were from Japan. Here is a list of the top 10 men and women:
1. Masakazu Fujiwara, Japan, two hours 12 minutes 19 seconds
2. Arata Fujiwara, Japan, 2:12:34
3. Atsushi Sato, Japan, 2:12:35
4. Yuki Kawauchi, Japan, 2:12:36
5. Tomoya Adachi, Japan, 2:12:46
6. Joseph Muwaniki, Kenya, 2:12:53
7. Rachid Kisri, Morocco, 2:12:59
8. Takaki Koda, Japan, 2:13:04
9. Salim Kipsang, Kenya, 2:13:16
10. Kiyokatsu Hasegawa, Japan, 2:15:15
WOMEN1. Alevutina Bikutimirova Russia 02:34:392. Robe Guta Ethiopia 02:36:293. Nuta Olaru Romania 02:34:394. Maki Kouno AC · KITA 02:39:015. Jin Yang China 02:41:046. Yumi Sato Shiseido 02:43:017. Wakana Hanado Southern Kyushu Kogyo Livestock 02:44:038. Julia Mumbi Universal Entertainment 02:45:119. Yoshimi Kasezawa AC Sports Park 02:47:0310. Noriko Hirao AC First Dream 02:47:32
Personally, I had a better day than anticipated. Given the conditions, I was prepared for my pace goal to plummet. However, I did better than last year and finally broke 3:30 for a 3:28:57. Needless to say, I am satisfied with the result. I hope the other folks who use this site (Namban-ers, et al.) have a chance to post their experience. Congrats to all!
Next up, Ikegami Marathon!