Well, Christoph asked me to write a bit more about my training, so I decided to make it a blog-post. September was not a particularly interesting month - but I will try to amend my usually cryptic blog-style so everybody understands - hopefully. Would be nice if others did the same, so we could have some discussion about training here on the site.
4. 43k including darmstadt full - 3:51:56 - I ran this full marathon in Germany because I had made the pledge to run a 10k, a half, and a full in one year. As I only spent five weeks in Germany, and was pretty busy doing things, I think I have to be content with the result.
7. 10k including 6x1000 average 3:44.3 - arrived on the same morning on a plane from Frankfurt, a good work-out is the best way to get over the jet-lag!
9. 6k&50min gym - first gym-workout in about two months, I could feel it the day after, I had obviously lost strength in my upper body, shoulder were aching!
11. 13k hilly incl 11 ogawa 1:17, ran the longer course at higher speed, felt good!
14. 12k incl 4/10/12/12/10/8/4 at 88/3:33/4:24/4:26/3:37/2:50/80 - this work-out shows some improvement over the previous Wednesday, though I still felt a bit heavy, had gained some weight in Germany.
16. 12k incl 2x5x400 fr 2min, average 89.4 - a typical "easy repeat section" at a pace a bit faster than my 10k speed, with short breaks, as the time frame is only 2 minutes, at 90 sec., the break is 30 sec.
18. 45min gym, felt a bit better than the previous one.
21. 30min tcws (taichi/weights/stretching!)
24. ome-nippara 37k - this was a killer, see blog-post. I finished in 7h12, was very happy with my performance. For future trail competition, I will try to find course-profiles with less-steep downhills, as that would favor my speed. The event was clearly aimed at people with a mountaineering background, the hills were a bit steep for runners.
28. 9k incl 5000 - 19:43 - a positive surprise, just trying to find my stride after the hard run on Saturday, I ran with a group and managed to average laps below 96, not bad!
Over-all distance; 276k, with a lot of hills!!