Running in Tokyo/Japan - Marathon/Clubs/Track Races

東京でのマラソン・陸上・駅伝・・・・・体を鍛えて、環境を守ってエコマラソン

We are coming from Hong Kong to attempt the new ultrai trail Fuji (160k and 90k) on May 20.Anyone else?

Views: 1082

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's down to lottery now. The 100 miler had 100 spots available, and already over 1000 people vying for them in the first few seconds of opening (entry for both distances remains open). Lottery results will be out some time next month. I've signed up for the 100 miler, but it's two weeks after a 250km race, so won't be too bothered if I lose the lottery..

Hi Paul, are you doing the Sakuramichi 250k?

Amazing interest, ultra running globally seems to suddenly explode.

Did you register through run runnet.jp or the English registration link? I used the latter and got a confirmation email and Paypal debited my credit card. So it would be odd to be subject to lottery in that case (typically your card is debited only if you get accepted through the lottery). There was also no mention in the English link about a lottery. Oh well, we will find out eventually.

The RD, Tsuyoshi Kaburaki, will run the Oxfam Trailwalker here in Hong Kong on Friday ...

Andre.

The 250 I'm running is Hagi-o-kan (http://www.hagi-o-kan.com), but I will keep Sakuramichi under consideration. I've also got the Oedo 202km in March, but everything else is 100km and shorter (including a 100k trail run in Hong Kong mid-February, incidentally).

As far as UTMF goes, it seems the english page is managed by a group that has some reserved entries, so it's probably a way around the lottery (similar to the knt group re Tokyo marathon). Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the english page, so I went via runnet and was subjected to the lottery. I also missed the first round as I was intending to run Nobeyama Kougen already that weekend, which was then subsequently cancelled.

Thanks Paul, looks like there are an awful lot of long ultras in Japan, interesting.

Great to hear you'll join HK100, let me know if you need any infos, it's in my backyard so to say ...

Andre.

UTMF English registration website now live here

https://fs19.formsite.com/UTMF/form4/secure_index.html 

Hi Paul & Andre

Chanced upon this forum while I was researching UTMF, as far as I am concerned, only Japanese participants will need to go through the ballot. And those foreign participants will be given a place on a first-come-first-served basis as this is an inaugural event. That explains why you were asked for payment upon registration.

Exciting event, can't wait!

rgds
shine
Hi Shine,
yes, received email yesterday from Adventure Divas, the organizer for the internationals. Apparently there are 80 of us from overseas. I take you are in as well? Which way did you get in, and do you reside in Japan?
Still a fair bit of travel and accommodation logistics to sort out but it's still a few months away so not too worried ...
Thanks,
Andre.

Hey Andre, 

I am going there from Malaysia.  Yup, I was just about to give up the race until Pauline prompted me for payment a couple of days ago. 80 of us, it will be one exciting run, can't wait. 

I gather you are running HK100 as well, as I saw you promoting that in various facebook pages, I will be there too! Will definitely come introduce myself to you :)

Yea, the logistic and accommodation itself to Japan is already an ultra itself! I am waiting for the English official website to furnish us more details as information is scarce. 

Run Strong.

Rgds

shine

Has anyone read the recent email sent out by Paulina regarding the race package for UTMF overseas runners? www.utmfjapan.jimdo.com , would like to hear some feedback from those who have raced in Japan before, is there any other arrangement which doesn't cost that much but equally convenient? Just trying my luck here before I proceed with the booking, unfortunately, they need me to find my own roommates if I am choosing the 2/3 ppl package.

Hi Shine, yes it looks quite good. I plan to take up this package since I have no prior Japan experience. Plan to share a double with my girlfriend. Probably arriving Narita 16 May morning and departing 21 May afternoon.

Andre.

I have entered the UTMF as well and suggest using the race package. I have gone in a running race up Mt Fuji twice and used the trains to get there from Tokyo. This meant 2 or 3 line changes and took 3 or 4 hours. Then I had a short walk to find Hotel, store etc. I travelled using a JR pass (rail  ticket bought before you enter Japan) which made it cheap. If you bought the tickets in Tokyo it might be the same as the race package. Check www. hyperdia.com/en.. The package seems a lot easier.

Does anyone have a training schedule I can look at? I thought there would be one on the internet but all seem to lack detail compared to what you can find for marathons.

Good Luck, and make sure you contact if you need any help!

RSS

Twitter ツイッター

チラシとLINE

LINEで連絡できます!

担当: ユルゲン

チラシのダウンロード

エコマラソンプログラム

One Year with RIT.pdf

大会の申し込み用紙PDF

If you do not speak English or Japanese, please use:

Français, Español, Deutsch, 한글

We will get back to you!