Running in Tokyo/Japan - Marathon/Clubs/Track Races

東京でのマラソン・陸上・駅伝・・・・・体を鍛えて、環境を守ってエコマラソン

Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall

Thanks to Bob and Jon for recommending it, it's a great book confirming many of the things I had in my mind about running, especially with regard to nutrition, shoes and posture. Give it a read!

Views: 1619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe you and I and Bob could get over to those mountains in the badlands of Mexico and race these so called super runners!! :-)
I will be in Mexico in March, so, I may try. Do you have any other books to recommend?
I have a few hundred,,,,,what do you like...motivation...biography....famous races...injury management...marathon training...history of famous races such as boston.....history of marathon.....mental application of running....general fitness.. race walking....novels about running...I have a LOT of books....
Let me know.....

WHEN are you back from Mexico?
Will be back from Mexico on March 15., but be in Kyoto from 25.-31.! How about one book per week! Could you do that?
A Cold Clear Day, The Athletic Biography of Buddy Edelen (Windsprint Press) is the story of a young American expatriate who moved to England more than forty years ago, determined to prove that he had a place among the great distance runners in the world. After three years, he owned the world record for the marathon, the first American to hold that distinction since 1925. Two more years passed and Buddy returned to the United States. He was soon forgotten, even as the running boom gathered force.

Website
Anyone want to borrow my copy?
Interesting that Buddy predicted he would run 2.30 at age 60 !
I make a reservation for March 15.!
No worries!!!
What about 'The Greatest"? Read that?
No, you're the one supposed to write a column here! Who wrote it?
One thing my friend Jon, but not everybody on this site knows is that I am German, so I didn't start reading English books on running until about 15 years ago. So, I ahve to rely on my friends to cover the "classics"!
Juergen, I have a classic for you. "The Perfect Mile" by Neal Bascomb. It was published a few years ago, but it is a "classic" story about the first three men to chase the 4 minute mile: Bannister, Landy, and Santee. Very interesting to see all of their different approaches and how much they all wanted to get under 4 first. If you have read it already, let me know what you thought..

RSS

Twitter ツイッター

チラシとLINE

LINEで連絡できます!

担当: ユルゲン

チラシのダウンロード

エコマラソンプログラム

One Year with RIT.pdf

大会の申し込み用紙PDF

If you do not speak English or Japanese, please use:

Français, Español, Deutsch, 한글

We will get back to you!